I am a lover of beauty, wonder and awe - a seeker of grace, connection and loving presence. My greatest teacher is my life and my pathway to understanding is my body.
As a child there was nothing sweeter or more satisfying to my soul than dancing. I was often found moving through meadows and fields, across dance floors or recital halls. Movement was my sanctuary - the place I turned to, again and again, to reconnect with the joy of uninhibited movement and the deep peace of BEing in my body. Read more...
In my late 20s I began a journey that would take me into the depths of embodied healing, spiritual inquiry, earth wisdom, community engagement, and movement as a path of liberation. I came to realize that, for me, life deepens and transforms through continued inquiry and direct experiences that are grounded IN life, IN the body, IN relationship.
As a Certified Dancing Freedom Facilitator, Open Floor Teacher, and Coach I have been profoundly blessed, inspired and influenced by the wisdom of the body, a deep connection with nature, daily opportunities to relate and grow as a mother, partner, facilitator and friend, and continued studies in practices that inform and empower my own living.
Education and Influences:
- Dancing Freedom (Samantha Sweetwater)
- Open Floor (Andrea Juhan, Kathy Altman, Lori Saltzman, Vic Cooper)
- Global Somatics (Suzanne Rivers)
- Authentic Movement (Alton Wasson), Body-Mind Centering (Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen), 5Rhythms, Soul Motion
- Academy for Soul-based Coaching (Annemiek Van Helsdingen)
- Awakening Women Institute (Chameli Ardagh) & The Priestess Process (Nicole Christine)
- Yoga (230 hrs, Yoga Center of Minneapolis)
- ParaYoga Tantra (Rod Stryker)
- SomaYoga (Yoga North)
- Therapeutic Massage (Health Enrichment Center)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (Jon Kabat-Zinn & Judith Lies)
Join me in this dance of life, through group classes, individual coaching and workshops both in St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN and globally.
“Teresa is one of the best around. She’s a master at creating and holding space. An evening with her feels like a journey with my most authentic self.” - Nicola Kapala – Watsu, Aquatic Movement Instructor